I work right in the heart of the Auckland CBD and I thought I would do a quick round up of my favourite spots to eat within a five minute walk of my work.
Favourite lunch spots:
- Kushi pretty much japanese is my default for all food. I can never get enough of it, nor do i want to, and i just love the crispy tofu bento box and I’ve shared the crispy agedashi tofu box with a friend, and gotten a few extra pieces of sushi on the side.
- The Don, probably one of the best donburri places close to my work – sorry there are no good web links to share for this awesome lunch spot.
- Elliot Stables, the variety is just so great, and it doesn’t feel like you’re in a food court.
- Revive, the portions are good and nourishing
- Sheinkin, I just can’t get enough of their salads, particularly the feta salad, it is just so indulgent.
Favourite Snack stops:
- Moustache Milk & Cookie Bar – they make the best cookies. I’m always umming and awing between chocolate chunk or snickerdoodle. Note to self and all, I’ll dedicate a blog post to these cookies, its a promise or a date or a threat.
- Remedy Café – specifically for the fact they stock Nice Cream and Nice Blocks, so great for summer!
- Rutland St. Café, all winter I enjoyed their soy ginger lattes